Sunday, July 14, 2013

still-sound 183. Mozartkugeln



Our friend Gabriel came into the perfume shop today to smell amber fragrances and carnation fragrances.  He came bearing gifts, namely Mozartkugeln, chocolates from Austria.  He had recently been to Vienna.  

For those who don't know what a Mozartkugeln is (and I was one of them until only a few hours ago), it's a bonbon comprised of pistachio marzipan and dark chocolate. 

 I bit into one.  It had that wonderful, dry, mealy texture of marzipan but without the almond booziness. Like a more subdued marzipan.  It was slightly green.  It was delicious.  I imagined harpsichord flourishes as I swallowed the tastiness.  

To Gabriel's and my surprise, he ended up liking Vitriol d'Oeillet from Serge Lutens.  Not sure why this was a surprise.  I suppose it's just neither of us expected him to like it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment