Wednesday, February 27, 2013

still-sound 151. Phoenix



I drove to Arizona a few nights ago to visit my mother.  She lives in a place called Sun City, not far from Phoenix.  I drove after work and the desert night, lit by an almost full moon, kept my car cool.  Rosie appreciated this and snored away in the back seat for most of the trip.

Last night my mother and I ate dinner at an Italian restaurant called Babb'o.  I thought this was funny because, in Korean, "babbo" means stupid.  We waited for a table in the unusually packed restaurant.  Apparently the Tuesday night spaghetti and meatball special draws in a crowd.  I stared at the back of the neon 'Open' sign until we were seated, trying to decide what I was in the mood to eat.  I ate the spaghetti and meatballs.  I understand why Tuesday nights are so packed at Babb'o.

I drove back to LA today.  I listened to a cd of Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits at least four times in the car.  I bought it at Walmart yesterday before dinner.



1 comment: