Sunday, September 30, 2012

still-sound 110. Moon rocks



I wanted to burn a special incense yesterday to celebrate the Harvest Moon.  I have a mini sampler set of Shoyeido's premium sticks and have been saving two of the very finest for well over a year.  Earlier this week I took the plunge and burnt the legendary Sho-kaku, known to scent-people as the best incense in the world.  Or at least the most expensive.  I will write about that another time.  But in releasing Sho-kaku from its plastic holder, the other fancy stick, Go-un, fell out and broke into five pieces.  Yesterday I took the two largest fragments of Go-un and burnt them at the same time, filling my living room with spicy, sweet kyara smoke.

Last night I discovered that I could actually view the moon from my terrace.  I usually don't venture out there so late and end up missing that part of the lunar trajectory.  The air was full with the sound of cicadas and sprinklers from the gardens at the entrance of Dodger's Stadium.  The light was distinctively blue in that moon way. 

My friend Laura once told me that crystals can be cleansed and energized by bathing them in the light of the full moon.  I've been wanting to do this because it sounds like a nice idea and because I usually like Laura's opinions and find that it pays off to follow her instructions.  I fetched stones from my dark apartment and lined them up on the terrace like soldiers.  This morning I found them waiting for me in the glaring sunlight.  Cleansed and reenergized.




No comments:

Post a Comment