Friday, March 23, 2012

still-sound 53. Sugar snap peas & Ina Garten



I noticed my friend Laura snacking on raw sugar snap peas the other day.  I pinched one from her and liked it.  I would have never thought to eat them as a snack - I'm more of a cookie person as much as I like the idea of being a raw vegetable snacker.  This week I bought some organic sugar snap peas from Trader Joe's and have been happily eating them.  I put a handful in a stoneware bowl I made with a shino glaze.  If Ina Garten came over to my house I would have a bowl like this sitting on a counter and offer her some.

I had such a funny dream last night.  I dreamt that Ina Garten was my neighbor.  She came by with a shopping cart full of perfumes and said that I should keep them because she "never uses them".  There were three enormous display bottles of Annick Goutal perfumes, like the kind you would see in a department store.  I recognized two of them but not the third - I was excited by the prospect of sniffing the discontinued scent.  I also found an old Diptyque room spray in a bottle that looked very 1980s, not at all like the modern bottle.  I thought to myself, "she really doesn't use this stuff." 

I found a roll of tape in the shopping cart.  It had printed instructions on the back of the box.  It was a scented tape made by Prada that was meant to be wrapped around your suitcase when you travel.  There was an illustration of a suitcase (maybe Prada) wrapped in the the designer perfumed tape, in a criss-cross pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment